Tuesday, January 8, 2013

10 Celebrity Quotes On Simplicity, Strength, and Self-Reliance

Happy Monday, readers!

How’s your 2013 treating you so far? Are you back to work or school? Are you kicking butt at your New Year’s resolutions (or…are they kicking your butt?!)?

As some of the long-time Celebrity Psychings readers know, I’m a bit of a quotes fan. Being that this blog is celebrity- and mental health-oriented, I like posting some celebrity quotes about life, love, emotions, and other everyday matters.

(SEE: 15 Celebrity Quotes for Love, Laughter, and Life)

So, check out the 10 celebrity quotes after the jump and see if you can find one or two to muse on as you make your way through 2013!

  • Anne Hathaway on expectations: “There’s no magic bullet; there’s no pill that you take that makes everything great and makes you happy all the time. I’m letting go of those expectations, and that’s opening me up to moments of transcendent bliss.”
  • Kristen Stewart on not caring what others think: “I’m just going to let people watch whatever little movie they think our lives are and go for it.”
  • Robert DeNiro on just doing it: “I don’t get into these long-winded heavy discussions about character–do we do this or that or what. At the end of the day, what you gotta do is just go out there and do it.”
  • Honey Boo Boo on keepin’ it simple: “I like Justin Bieber, chicken nuggets. Where would I want to travel to? Wal-Mart with my mom.”
  • Charlie Sheen on leaving misery behind (sort of): “I dare anyone to spend 10 years in the laugh-track that is Chuck Lorre’s hive of oppression and not suffer some form of an emotional tsunami.”
  • Denzel Washington on getting rid of what holds you back: “In my early 30s I made a commitment to completely cut out drinking and anything that might hamper me from getting my mind together. And the floodgates of goodness have opened up upon me–spiritually and financially.”
  • Jessica Biel on not following convention: “I was never one of those girls who dreamt of Prince Charming. To piss off my mom, I would say, ‘I’m never having kids and I’m going to be a fabulously rich old maid with cute butlers and dogs.”
  • Sharon Osbourne on relying on yourself: “When you get pushed down, you pick yourself up and move on. I’ve never been a victim.”
  • Jim Brown on perspective: “You can’t get old without living.”
  • Kate Upton on using your strengths: “You find your strengths and play them up.”

(SEE: Weekend Reading: 15 Funny Celebrity Quotes)

Want to look up some words of wisdom (well, sometimes!) of your own? Check out the same sources I used:

What about you, readers? Do you have any inspiring or funny celebrity quotes? Share with us in the comments below!

Source: http://blogs.psychcentral.com/celebrity/2013/01/10-celebrity-quotes-on-simplicity-strength-and-self-reliance/

Kim Smith Kate Bosworth Mariah OBrien

No comments:

Post a Comment