Sunday, June 17, 2012

How Did You Honor Your Mental Health During Mental Health Month 2012?

Mental Health Month 2012 is almost over – how did you honor it this year?

You might have joined a blog party or attended local mental health events. Maybe you helped someone in need find mental health care services or used social media like Twitter, Facebook, and Pinterest to help spread the importance of mental health awareness.

So, more specifically, what did you do this month to honor your mental health?

My answer to that question is two-fold: I spent some time completing each Mental Health Month Challenge over at Your Body, Your Mind, and I spent some time listening to Dave Matthews Band live.

(Actually, that’s where I am right now. Shh! Don’t tell anyone!)

Over at Your Body, Your Mind, we did a Mental Health Month Challenge. Each week, I presented readers with some challenge designed to benefit their brains and bodies.

Although Mental Health Month is almost over, you can head over to YBYM and complete these challenges any time you want, at your own pace.

The challenges consisted of:

I completed each of those challenges, but I also did something more personal to my own mental health: Hopped in the car and traveled around to some Dave Matthews Band shows.

Longtime Celebrity Psychings readers know how much I love DMB. In 2011, the band took a touring break, and I spent 18 months waiting for news on new songs, new albums and new tour dates. When the band finally released the 2012 tour schedule, I immediately purchased tickets and booked hotels the first two shows closest to me.

Being in DMB’s live concert atmosphere is like therapy for me. It’s a break from reality and a dose of reality all at once. I spend the 2+ hours doing nothing but enjoying the music and people I love, and once it’s over I feel refreshed and focused.

Now it’s your turn: What did YOU do this month that was good for YOUR mental health?

Image Source

Source: http://blogs.psychcentral.com/celebrity/2012/05/how-did-you-honor-your-mental-health-during-mental-health-month-2012/

Kasey Chambers Charisma Carpenter Patricia Velasquez

No comments:

Post a Comment