Saturday, January 12, 2013

RACHEL ROY: ‘I LIVE FOR MY GIRLS’

Rachel Roy and eldest daughter Ava pose while out-and-about in the city. The two are a matching pair as they sport similar coat designs.

Rachel is devoted to teaching her girls, Ava and Tallulah, about culture and citizenship. As she explains, “I live for my girls and it’s important that I teach them to be citizens of the world by taking them on trips to other parts of the world to experience different ways of life, cultures and how beauty can take on many forms and expressions.”

Such efforts recently inspired Rachel to take Ava on a trip to India where the two visited orphanages and participated in other activities that gave back to the local community. “I think it’s one of the most important things you can do both personally and professionally,” said the designer. “Donating your time personally to local shelter, food banks, or reading programs are simple ways to get involved. One of the goals of my business has been to help create jobs for women and give them a platform in which to create a better life for themselves.”

Ava and Tallulah are Rachel and ex-husband Damon Dash’s girls.

The post RACHEL ROY: ‘I LIVE FOR MY GIRLS’ appeared first on Black Celebrity Kids.

Source: http://www.blackcelebkids.com/2013/01/11/rachel-roy-i-live-for-my-girls/

Uma Thurman Michelle Trachtenberg Jennifer Morrison

No comments:

Post a Comment