Sunday, June 24, 2012

Gwyneth Paltrow Opens Up About Motherhood

Actress Gwyneth Paltrow arrives by Gondola and then poses at the 'Contagion' photocall during the 68th Venice Film Festival

Acting, singing, cookbooks, GOOP: It sometimes seems that Gwyneth Paltrow really can do it all. But on this week’s In Conversation with Amanda de Cadenet, the mom-of-two reveals that she sometimes struggles with motherhood just as much as anyone else.

“When I’m tired, when my chips are down – that’s when I don’t parent the way that I want to parent. I can get impatient and at the end of my rope and just threadbare. And I hate that and I hate feeling out of control, even if I’m just saying, “That’s enough!”… It’s not the way that I would aspire to be,” Gwyneth, who is mom to kids Apple and Moses, admits.

She adds, though, that even though she beats herself up over these impatient mommy moments, there is probably some value in them.

“I do really believe that part of our job is to equip them for the world. And we can’t make everything okay for them, we can’t take away all of their suffering. It’s not good for them. They need to be able to know that people lose their tempers and people have bad days and it doesn’t mean that you don’t love them, it doesn’t mean anything. It’s just that we’re all human. But of course I beat myself up endlessly when [I do get impatient].”

As for “doing it all,” Gwyneth says it was her dad Bruce Paltrow, with whom she was very close, who made her believe in herself.

“When somebody says, ‘What makes you think you can do all this stuff?’ It’s because he told me I could from the time I was… probably before I could speak…. He really thought about what he was saying, how he was relating to us. He wanted our opinion, he wanted to hear our jokes. He really bolstered us as people from the time we were tiny,” she says, adding, “It’s funny because in a way it’s given me a strong sense of self, it’s given me confidence and self-acceptance and then on the other hand, I’m just as f***ked up as anybody else.”

Source: http://www.celebritybabyscoop.com/2012/06/23/gwyneth-paltrow-opens-up-about-motherhood?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=gwyneth-paltrow-opens-up-about-motherhood

Willa Ford Whitney Able Kasey Chambers

No comments:

Post a Comment